[Bristol-Birds] Re: Hawk for Science

  • From: "Jennifer B. Connors" <jenbconnors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jenbconnors@xxxxxxxxx" <jenbconnors@xxxxxxxxx>, "sherihiter@xxxxxxxxx" <sherihiter@xxxxxxxxx>, "bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:19:52 -0800 (PST)

PS, Sheri - I believe it is illegal to obtain, possess and dispose of a protected migratory bird species.

A former neighbor inadvertently shot a hawk on a hunting trip, and when he tried to throw the bird in the garbage, raccoons tore open the bag and the trash collectors reported the dead bird to authorities, where my neighbor was promptly fined.

So, I would freeze the bird if you haven't already done so, and take it to one of the parks I mentioned.

Jen