[Bristol-Birds] Gulls

  • From: "Ellen Parker" <ellrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 20:42:23 -0500

Today (Sunday, March 7), I saw more Ring-Billed Gulls than I have ever seen
on Watauga Lake.  A large group, I would estimate 400 to 500 were observed
at Lakeshore Marina, many sitting on the water and on floating tires that
mark the lake entrance to the marina.  There were two other large groups,
one near the Butler Bridge and another in the Cove Ridge area of the lake. I
didn't have a scope with me so I couldn't tell if there were any others
mixed in with the Ring-Bills.  I also found a Double-Crested Cormorant
perched on a neighbor's dock buoy.

Ellen Parker