[Bristol-Birds] Green-tailed towhee (Pipilo chlorurus)

  • From: "Don Carrier" <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdsGoneWild_pics" <Birdpics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Birds-Pix" <birds-pix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:13:20 -0500

To the BirdsGoneWild list members:

This is obviously a life bird for me and I am very excited! Lots of more
photos to come this week!

To the Bird Pixers:

This Green tailed towhee showed up in Galax Va. on 13 February 2007 at the
home of Bob and Renee Perkins. This is the first sighting of this western
species in the state of Va. since 1953!  The attached photo was taken at
2:00PM eastern today.

To Bristol Bird Club Members:

Hope you can tolerate receiving a photo. I thought this one would be worth
it!

Don Carrier
Bristol, Tennessee

www.birdsgonewild.org <http://www.birdsgonewild.org/>