[Bristol-Birds] Greene County: King, Hawks, Heron

  • From: mac942tbr@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

 Sunday leaving S Old Kentucky Rd to 11E - detoured down Twin Barns Rd to see
the mixed Mallards;
 just before at a drainage ditch spotted "the King" on the line looking for
lunch.  Was a blessing as He
 stayed put for a few photos.

Monday enroute to work same route, as I turned around the bend on S Old
Kentucky before
"Nick's Sad House" a nice Red-tailed Hawk flew in on the tree right beside the
road, parallel
to my car (God is Good!).  Being a dangerous curve, I had to check my rearview
mirror and
grab my camera, so he flew to another tree, but another blessing and few good
photos.

At Twin Barns drainage ditch Tues, the Great Blue Heron on the ground looking
for his lunch
(same spot as the Kestrel).  Spooked he flew to the nearby tree for a better
photo.
Mallards still at pond Twin Barns Rd/11E.  Heron back in the afternoon, and
resident Hawk
returned to 310 T Elmer Cox Drive.

Not many sitings at the homefront, but looking forward to NV and TX finds.

Nata Jackson
Greeneville TN