[Bristol-Birds] Greene Co. - Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows

  • From: Darrel Wilder <darrelw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:19:40 -0400

10-18-10, A.M.
Walmart Distribution center, Midway, Greene Co. Tn.

I found two Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows at the cattail-ringed pond at the
back of the Walmart Distribution center. I had close, long (> 5 min.) looks at
the birds, first in the tall grass, then in the cattails, at the edge of the
large pond.

Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow        -   2
Swamp Sparrow                            -   30+
Song Sparrow                                -  30+
Savannah Sparrow                         -  2
White-throated Sparrow                   -  1
Mallard                                          -  11
Blue-winged Teal                            -  1
Pied-billed Grebe                            -  1
American Coot                               -  3
Great Blue Heron                           -  1

Darrel Wilder
Johnson City
Washington Co.

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

Nature Calendar for NE TN / SW VA:
http://www.google.com:80/calendar/embed?src=eHlvbjQyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ

and Northeast Tennessee.