[Bristol-Birds] Green and Sullivan County Field Trip

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:53:42 -0500

On Thursday, Dec. 17 Bill Grigsby, Dave Taylor and John Moyle visited Green
County (looking for cranes) and S. Holston Lake (Rufous Hummingbird).  In the
former case, we came up empty, but in the latter case we had great looks at the
hummer.  Here is our day's list:  Canada Goose, Mallard, Northern Shoveler,
Red-breasted Merganser, Ruddy Duck, Common Loon, Pied-billed Grebe, Horned
Grebe, Great Blue Heron, Black Vulture, Turkey Vulture, Northern Harrier,
Red-tailed Hawk, American Kestrel, Killdeer, Least Sandpiper, Bonaparte's Gull,
Ring-billed Gull, Rock Pigeon, Mourning Dove, Rufous Hummingbird, Northern
Flicker, Loggerhead Shrike, Blue Jay, American Crow, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina
Wren, Eastern Bluebird, American Robin, Northern Mockingbird, European
Starling, Eastern Towhee, Song Sparrow, Lincoln's Sparrow, White-throated
Sparrow, Northern Cardinal, Eastern Meadowlark, House Finch, American Goldfinch
and House Sparrow.

John Moyle                         Glen Alpine Road
      Kingsport/Sullivan County