[Bristol-Birds] Greater White-fronted Goose, Sandhill Crane, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:25:52 -0500 (EST)

February 28, 2009

Greene County: Greeneville and points westward and southward, including Midway,
McDonald, and Allen's Bridge areas

Drizzly, chilly weather this morning, with temperatures dropping this afternoon
and wind picking up--I spent about three and a half hours in the field, with
nice results:

Greater White-fronted Goose (4, Murray Bridge Road 0.1 mile west of Easterly
Road);
Wood Duck (3);
Green-winged Teal (4);
Canvasback (Gravel Woods Road);
Ring-necked Duck (10, Gravel Woods Road);

Wild Turkey (50);

Northern Harrier;

Sandhill Crane (4, Murray Bridge Road 0.1 mile west of Easterly Road;
undoubtedly the same birds I found in this area on February 14);

Wilson's Snipe;

Savannah Sparrow (2);
White-crowned Sparrow (15);

Rusty Blackbird (2);