[Bristol-Birds] Greater Scaup

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

This morning Apr 13, I had a female Greater Scaup at the Bush Hog Pond along
with Blue-wing Teal & Canada Geese.  This birds bill was very large and a lot
of white around the bill.  The clincher was when the bird raised up on the
water and flapped its wings and the long white showed all the way out.

I also had a Red-headed Woodpecker along Washington College Station Road just
beyond the intersection of Urbana Road in the woodlot across from the Pleasant
Grove Church.

Glen Eller
Kingsport