[Bristol-Birds] Great Crested Flycatchers Nesting Update

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 21:03:16 -0400

Birders:( Great Crested Flycatchers Nesting Update )

Birdwatchers I am getting you and Update on the Great Crested Flycatchers
Nesting in our backyard on the East Side Hamblen County Northeast of Morristown
from the second week in May and on the last day in May. The Great Crested
Flycatchers are protecting or guarding there nest from the other birds I even
saw the Flycatcher chased a Mourning Doves from the birdfeeder hanging below
the birdhouse and any other birds in the area there would be a Flycatcher
watching from the power line and the other flycatcher would be watching with
head sticking out from the opening of the birdhouse and some pictures of Great
Crested Flycatcher starting making there nest last week (
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z317/duckhunters1/  ) and baby Northern
Cardinal in the Cardinal's Nest. I did comfirmed the first Great Crested
Flycatcher nesting in our yard and Hamblen County in May 2008 I am hoping to
see the Young Great Crested Flycatchers starting flying around soon if they
eggs already hatched I cannot see in the birdhouse and I am not going to bother
flycatchers while nesting enjoy the pictures every body.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.