[Bristol-Birds] Good day on Glen Alpine

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:30:15 EDT

Today, I had my first opportunity to spend half a day walking our property.
The result was pretty good, including a new species for the yard.
American Crow (30+), American Goldfinch (14), Carolina Chickadee (6),
Mourning Dove (26), Tufted Titmouse (4), Blue Jay (4), Red-breasted Nuthatch
(2),
Turkey Vulture (1), Cooper's Hawk (2), Red-tailed Hawk (2),  Red-bellied
Woodpecker (2), White-throated Sparrow (6), Northern Mockingbird (3),  Song
Sparrow
(20 approx), Belted Kingfisher (1), Carolina Wren (4), Lincoln's Sparrow (1,
NEW, even erected his crown for me!), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1), Swamp Sparrow
(5), Field Sparrow (8), Northern Cardinal (15), Dark-eyed Junco (3),  Common
Raven (1), Eastern Towhee (1), American Robin (1),  Eastern Bluebird (12),
Pileated Woodpecker (2), White-breasted Nuthatch (3),  Purple Finch (1 female),
House
Finch (2), Killdeer (1), Great Blue Heron (1).  This was the approximate
order that they were seen species-wise!  John Moyle  Glen Alpine Road
Kingsport

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com