[Bristol-Birds] Good Movement at S. Holston Lake

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:55:44 EDT

17 AUG 04
Musick's Lakeside Campground
Sullivan Co., TN
in view of Washington Co., VA
.
This afternoon Carol Cross and I were pleased to find good evidence of
migratory movement at South Holston Lake near Bristol TN/VA.
Carol noticed two white birds over the lake from the sign in box. This proved
to be a good indication. Previous summer visits of the last few weeks yielded
scarcely any birds on the lake save for low numbers of Mallard and Canada
Goose. Today it broke loose, I'm glad to say. With Charley the Hurricane
stirring
up things, cooler temps. around here, and dropping of lake levels to expose
8-12 feet of mud along the shore of Musick's Lakeside Campground we were
greeted by the following:
.
Forster's Tern - 3
Black Tern - 7