[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagles (Carter Co., TN)

  • From: Thomas McNeil <tsmcneil1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds " <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-Bird Net <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:51:45 -0500 (EST)

10-11 January 2015
Carter County, TN
Roan Mountain - Hampton Creel Cove Natural Area

On Saturday (1/10/15), David Kirschke, Cathy Myers and I had two Golden Eagles
at Hampton Creek Cove Natural Area in Roan Mountain, TN. The birds soared over
Hampton Creek Ridge for several minutes before disappearing behind the ridge.
Both appeared to be adults.

Cathy and I spent a couple of hours in Hampton Creek Cove on Sunday afternoon,
but were not able to spot any eagles. We did have a group of 14 Common Ravens
pass overhead.

--

Thomas S. McNeil
Elizabethton, TN