[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagles

  • From: "trooper" <trooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:36:50 -0400

Tuesday about 2:35 pm, I had one Golden Eagle fly across Hwy 19 from Clifton
towards Beartown Mountain. This was just south of SVCC in Russell County.

A few minutes later Janice Martin called and told me about just seeing another
Golden just south of Lebanon on Hwy 19.

Fred, Janice and myself got together and birded Clifton for several hours.  We
had 2 LH Shrikes, 3 Kestrels, 4 RT Hawks and a small flock of Field Sparrows.

We then joined the Russell County Bird Club for its outing, which Tom Hunter
reported earlier.

Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va.