[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle in Piney Flats 03-25-09

  • From: Jeremy Stout <tnnaturalist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:10:56 -0400

Sorry for the delayed post...

 I spotted a low-flying adult Golden Eagle on Highway 11-E in Piney Flats
yesterday evening at about 6:45 pm.  It crossed the highway flying northwest
just past the 2nd red light (before the new Food City).  After nearly
flipping my car yesterday, I spent all last night and some of this morning
trying to "turn it into" something more parsimonious, but 5 field guides
later, it was a resolute Golden Eagle.

--
Jeremy B. Stout
"At present, I am a sojourner in civilised life again."