[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle and more

  • From: "Dave Worley" <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:11:12 -0500

This morning while taking Diana to work, I saw 1 Golden Eagle cross Hwy 19 near
House and Barn mountain.  3 Ravens were feeding on a deer carcass right beside
the road.

At my home feeder I had my first visit from a Red-Breasted Nuthatch.

Also at or near feeder.
WB Nuthatch, RB Woodpecker, Blue Jays, M. Doves, Grackles, Carolina Chickadees,
Tufted Titmice, Goldfinches, Juncos, RW Blackbirds and 2 Fox Sparrows.

I have not seen any Cardinals for several weeks.

Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va.
Russell County