[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle Pictures Plus

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:19:39 -0800 (PST)

Today, we finally were invaded by Pine Siskins. There were 20+ at the feeders
this morning. I have been trying to photograph a Golden Eagle but have not had
any luck. I asked Laverne to go with me because we usually get the closest
looks at them when she is with me.
As we stopped at the intersection of Route 80 and Elk Garden Road in Russell
County I spotted a Golden Eagle in the field across from the intersection. I
grabbed my camera and ran across the road. He flew towards us and crossed the
road directly overhead. I also found out that I need to get my eyes checked.
After I started downloading the images I saw that there was a second eagle
behind the first. I missed it completely.
We also saw a Fox Sparrow on Clifton Farm Road.  A link to the photos follows.

http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/golden_eagles_etc

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA