[Bristol-Birds] Glade Spring Christmas Bird Count

  • From: "Harrington, R" <roneharrin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Bird Network" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:00:56 -0500

The Glade Spring Christmas Bird Count is set for Saturday, December 17, 2011.
Team Leaders are Ron Harrington, Area A; Randy Smith and Mike Hagy, Area B; Ed
Morgan, Area C; Tom Hunter, Area D; Jo Ann Detta and Marty Huber, Area E; and
Diane Harris, Area F.

Last year (December 18), seven parties reported a total of 75 species and 7161
individual birds. This was the fourth highest ever recorded for VAGS.

If you would like to participate, Please contact me at roneharrin@xxxxxxxxxx or
call 276-669-4948 no later than December 10. Of special interest: We are
looking for "biking birders" who would like to cover the Salt Trail from Glade
Spring to Saltville, about 9 miles. This would include new territory not
previously reported in our count. Thanks.

Ron Harrington
Compiler, VAGS