[Bristol-Birds] Fwd: Grackle explosion pictures

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:13:47 -0500 (EST)

Wed. Dec 28, 2011

Bristol birders, I have attached a couple of pictures Jerry Bevins took out in
his back yard yesterday which overlooks a harvested corn field.  He estimated
between 7 to 8 thousand birds.  The flock consisted mainly of Grackles but also
had Rustys and a few Brewers blackbirds mixed in.  Jerry lives on the northeast
side of Boone lake just outside of the Johnson City limits.

Glen Eller
Kingsport