[Bristol-Birds] Fwd: Fw: Fwd: Fw: Baird's Sandpiper, etc at Rankin Bottoms, Aug 29, 2015

  • From: David Kirschke <dlkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:04:27 -0400

I ran into Michael Sledjeski, Leslie Gibbens, and Chris Welch on the water
yesterday at Rankin Bottoms, and Michael Sanders and company birding from
shore. I have a few photos at the link below of the Baird's Sandpiper and
Black-bellied Plover, which was in an intermediate plumage that looked
pretty cool. Photos were in poor light so somewhat grainy. Michael may
have gotten better photos. I look forward to getting back out there soon.
(Resent because it did not seem to go through the first time. I apologize
if you receive this twice. Good seeing everyone out at Rankin!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dkirschke/

Rankin Bottoms, Cocke, Tennessee, US
Aug 29, 2015 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: By kayak. Ran into Mike and Leslie and Chris Welch on the
water. Also Michael Sanders birding from shore.

28 species

Canada Goose 70
Wood Duck 8
Mallard 10