[Bristol-Birds] Fw: we did not contact speedway about ravens

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:53:46 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Dexter Newman
To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: February 13, 2013 10:02
Subject: RE: [Bristol-Birds] we did not contact speedway about ravens

This could start something like The Tower of London.  Quote from Wikipedia,
"The ravens of the Tower of London are a group of captive Common Ravens which
live in the Tower of London. The group of ravens at the Tower comprises at
least seven individuals (six required, with a seventh in reserve). The presence
of the ravens is traditionally believed to protect the Crown and the Tower; a
superstition holds that "If the Tower of London ravens are lost or fly away,
the Crown will fall and Britain with it."[

Also, Lynda an I went to see the Harlequin duck Sunday and on our way down
Riverport Road saw a Bald Eagle bathing in the water.  Could not get a camera
on it before it flew.  Did get shots in the trees later.

Dexter Newman

JC