[Bristol-Birds] Fw: black billed cuckoo / least FCs - Roan region

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:39:53 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: Kevin Caldwell
Sent: July 08, 2010 02:13
Subject: Re: black billed cuckoo / least FCs - Roan region

Hi - I didn't reply to the listserve yet, but I heard only 2 alder FC's @
Carvers Gap  in mid June but my first survey point was west of there in the
forest - those were not at a listening station.  However Nora Schubert

birded Carvers Gap parking east (AT north) to Jane Bald (on established points)
and there may be others east of the Gap but I don't know in what #'s.

There were none in the 6-mile sections that were east and west of the Yellow
Mountain / AT intersection as there is no green alder in either direction, nor
any west of Carvers Gap, nor at Tollhouse Gap, so as far as I know they are
limited to the immediate Carvers Gap area...but others are like around in the
area too.  Our transect was based on the AT and we didn't go off of it.

Kevin Caldwell
Conservation Biologist
Mountains-to-Sea Ecological, Inc.