[Bristol-Birds] Fw: [TN-Bird] TN-Bird] Re: exceedingly rare oddity-- TWRA's enormous opportunity

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:41:17 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Wallace Coffey
To: csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx ; Bob Hatcher
Cc: TN-Bird Listserv ; Cecere, Al ; Danielle Steckley ; Beth Parker ; Nancy
Zagaya ; Sterling Daniels ; Polly Rooker ; Chris Simpson ; Scott Somershoe
Sent: July 16, 2012 06:29
Subject: [TN-Bird] TN-Bird] Re: exceedingly rare oddity-- TWRA's enormous
opportunity

Now that it is abundantly clear that relying on memory and humble opinion has
its limitations,
it is probably best to get back to the main assertions:

    -- TWRA needs to quickly move forward with enlightened and progressive
options.  We should stand for the very best progressive, professional and
scientific consultation in eastern North America in regards to what the best
options are for the captive fledgling Golden Eagle. That and nothing less.

    -- TWRA should not make bad decision or no decisions at all simply because
there will probably always be desperately-need non-game funding.  If the
scientific community's thoughtful consensus is to do nothing, then that would
be better founded than management with little more than memories and humble
opinions.

What do we have to fear in hearing from experience and expertise ?

Would it be more helpful for us to have reliable facts when a discussion
espouses the  ASSUMPTION of past “tragic waste of TWRA’s Nongame funds?”  What
if it turns out that is not the case and TWRA did not waste Nongame funds ?
What if it turns out TWRA does not waste valuable time ?

Are there flags of caution here which should remind us that bias,
misinformation and agendas
threaten reasonable ideas of exploration and options to pursue progressive,
professional and scientific consultation ?

  From: Chris Sloan