[Bristol-Birds] Fw: [NRV Birds] Burke's Garden

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:19:43 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jim & Judy Phillips" <cne01663@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: nrvbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:55:51
To: New River Birds<NRVBirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Roger
Mayhorn<rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [NRV Birds] Burke's Garden

We birded Burke's Garden, Tazewell County yesterday morning. It was great to
see red-headed woodpeckers and so many grassland birds. We had 62 species for
the day, 53 of which were within the garden.
Highlights included:
2 great blue herons
boblinks in two locations
sharp-shinned hawk trying to catch barn swallows
7 red-headed woodpeckers(3 locations)
willow flycatcher
vesper, savannah, chipping, field, song & grsshopper sparrows
On the way home, as we crossed over East River Mt. we found blue-headed vireo,
dark-eyed junco, veery and black-throated blue warbler.
Jim & Judy Phillips
Summers County
Pipestem, WV