[Bristol-Birds] Fw: Bristol Bird Club announcement - help needed monitoring GWWAs at HCC

  • From: "Dave Worley" <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:43:54 -0400

From: Nora Schubert
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:53 PM
To: daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bristol Bird Club announcement - help needed monitoring GWWAs at HCC

Hi Dave,

I am looking for folks to help monitor golden-winged warbler activity at
Hampton Creek Cove State Natural Area.  Basically, I'm looking for volunteers
to search for nest and document boundaries of territories for males.  Recently
several males were color banded, and therefore much easier to monitor.  We were
able to get blood samples from ~ 9 individuals on the property this year!
*Please make a general announcement at the Bristol Club meeting this evening.
If anyone is interested, please have them contact me and we can talk about
specifics.  The person needs to be very independent in the field and should
expect to work alone once they have been introduced to the project.  I am
requesting help because my time is spread thin between HCC and several other
sites in the Roan area.  It is not possible for me to do all that needs to be
done alone.  Also, with additional help, we may be able to do some more banding
and blood sampling.  Help would very much be appreciated!  I think folks would
enjoy helping with this project!!

thanks,

Nora Schubert
423-741-2967