[Bristol-Birds] Future Field Trips

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:51:16 -0400

On last Friday, I received two messages about the Kyker Bottoms trip which
indicated the senders would not be able to participate.  I appreciated those
notes.  However, as usual I heard neither positive nor negative from anyone
else.  Thus at 6 a.m. on Saturday, as usual before a trip, I went to the
assembly point for car pooling (Ingles) at 6 a.m.  By 6:30 a.m. no one had
arrived so I went home.  In the future, we need a better system!  In the
future,  if I do not hear that someone intends to participate in the planned
field trip, I will assume that no one is going and I will not be at the
assembly point.  I probably contributed to the confusion by providing a late
field trip plan, so I apologize for that.

Our next field trip will be to various points along the South Holston River in
Sullivan and Hawkins Counties on Saturday, November 14.  Next week, I will
publish a more detailed plan.
John Moyle                       Glen Alpine Road
     Kingsport/Sullivan County