[Bristol-Birds] Friends of Steele Creek window display makes dramatic splash ! Stop and see it.

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:45:32 -0400

 Friends group. It took a lot
of real work to select and
deliver all of the materials and
such to the location and put it
in place.

As with any such display, the
content and graphics can
easily become focused a little
more than everyone with an invested interest may desire.  One of the missions
of the Friends group, as stated in the display, is to bring together various
groups
Perhaps most birders will probably notice that a number of graphic elements are
so dominant that birds and birding are scare.

This may suggest that BBC needs to remind the Bristol community and others
of the decades of contribution, research, funding and birding activities that
have
been contributed at the park.  We made a point to state that in our brochure
and the
nature center staff has made a point to help distribute the BBC brochure.

Don't think for a moment that the Friends slighted birds and birding
intentionally.
It is a far cry from that.  Better, we should remind ourselves, that birds and
birding do
not occupy as "top of mind awareness" there as in the past.

But the window is gorgeous.  It is inviting.  It is intriguing.  It is colorful
and
lively.  It could use a few more deserving feathers ;-)

JPEG image

JPEG image