[Bristol-Birds] Field Trip to Cumberlands

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 22:11:53 EDT

This weekend, the Bristol Bird Club will be sponsoring a field trip to the
fabulous Cumberlands!  We plan to stay Friday, May 29 at the Best Western in
Harriman and Saturday, May 30 at the Hampton Inn in Caryville.  If you plan
to attend, you need to let me know by tomorrow (Tuesday) evening so that I
can make reservations for you.  I have arranged for a special rate and the 4
rooms have already been taken.  I will have to make additional reservations
for new attendees.
       Our field trips will take us to three trails in Obed Scenic and Wild
River and Catoosa Wildlife Management Area, Frozen Head State Park, Eagle
Bend Fish Hatchery and Norris Dam State Park  on Saturday.  On Sunday we will
visit Cove Lake State Recreation Area, Royal Blue Wildlife Area and follow
Cumberland Mountain to the Gap and head home.
       Potential sightings are Ruffed Grouse, Acadian Flycatcher, Willow
Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher, Great Crested Flycatcher, Blue-headed Vireo,
Prothonotary Warbler, Swainson's Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Golden-winged
Warbler, Cerulean Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Black-throated Gree
Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, Canada Warbler, Hooded Warbler, Ovenbird,
Louisiana
Waterthrush, Black and White Warbler, American Redstart, Yellow-breasted
Chat, Veerie, Baltimore Oriole, Winter Wren and many more!

       Participants already include:  John and Polly Moyle, Lois Cox and
Wilma Boy, Lisa Tyler and Audrey Abernathy, and Michele Villeneuve and Don
Leech.  Come join us for a great week end of fun, birds and natural history in
general!  To contact me, either call 423-349-6440 or email
jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
John Moyle              Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport/Sullivan
County

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2
Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823249x1201398664/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=MayExcfooterNO62)