[Bristol-Birds] FW: Winged Deer Birds

  • From: "Ellen Parker" <ellrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:21:04 -0400

  _____

Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 5:05 PM
To: 'bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Winged Deer Birds

I birded Winged Deer Park between rain showers today.  Species of note
include Hooded Warbler, Black-Throated Green Warbler, and Worm-eating
Warbler.  I also observed (from about two feet away) two Pileated
Woodpeckers performing a mating display.  The male was spreading his wings
and following (what I assume was) the female around a small tree.  They paid
no attention to me when I finally passed by them on the trail. Blue-gray
Gnatcatchers were also present.  All of these birds were on the Poplar Ridge
wooded trail.

Ellen Parker

Piney Flats