[Bristol-Birds] FOS Yellow-throated Vireo Huffman Hill, Russell County, Va

  • From: Laverne Hunter <lavernehunter52@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:56:40 -0700 (PDT)

The Blue-headed and Yellow-throated Vireos are transients on the hill.  The
Philidelphia Vireo, which I haven't heard yet is also a transient.   The
Red-eyed Vireo  breeds here.  I also haven't heard it this spring.  The habitat
is woods of approximately 15 acres at an elevation of 2300 feet.
Laverne