[Bristol-Birds] Eight Whip-Poor-Wills Holston Mnt. and cormorant in Shady Valley

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 12:55:52 -0400

John Shumate reports that an immature Double-crested Cormorant has been
hanging out in Shady Valley, Johnson Co., TN.  It is on the

Gerald Buckles' pond along US 421 at the foot of Holston Mountain Sunday, 4
May 2014.

He also reports that for the past two weeks he has been working long hours
and when he drives across Holston Mountain to work in Bristol

in the early mornings it is still dark.  "There has been the greatest number
of Whip-Poor-Wills on the mountain that I have seen in a lot of years.

I heard and saw 8 one night and 5 on another night. The other times there
has been at least two,". he writes

Wallace Coffey

Bristol, TN.