[Bristol-Birds] Eastern Screech Owl, Golden Eagle Russell Co, photos

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:20:04 -0800 (PST)

This morning I was birding on Mountain Road in Russell County and found an
Eastern Screech Owl (red morph) in the same roost tree that has hosted one
since Jan 2009. With permission I crawled through the fence and was able to get
some close shots.
I drove on and about 5 minutes later I saw a Golden Eagle perched in a snag on
top of the hill. I was able to get some identifying photos but could not get
any closer.
I have posted a couple of these photos on pbase along with some others from the
last month. They can be found at:
http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/russell_county_november

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter