[Bristol-Birds] Early Blackburnian

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:58:25 -0400

Area Birders,
Yesterday, 7/20, while doing my weekly check of the bluebird trail on the
Mountain Top Golf Course here on Compton Mountain, I found a first year female
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER. This is the earliest date we have so far of post breeding
dispersal here in Buchanan County. Previously, the earliest recorded dispersal
date for this species within the county was 7/31.

The 27 nest boxes of the bluebird trail have housed 75 fledglings so far this
season.

Enjoy the birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Grundy, VA