[Bristol-Birds] Ducks at Bush Hog Pond

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:56:50 -0500

I had a short time available for birding around noon today so I checked Bush Hog Pond and some other sites in Western Washington Cty. Being spring-fed, Bush Hog Pond was open but other ponds such as those on Clark Rd., Kyker Rd., and West View were mostly frozen over. The waterfowl at Bush Hog was similar to the variety Rick Knight reported for this pond yesterday:

Am. Wigeon               1
Gadwall                 35
Canvasback               1
Hooded Merganser         2
Horned Grebe             1
Canada Geese and Mallards

In addition, I saw 1 Kestrel each at Corby Bridge Rd., Keebler Rd., and West View Pond, and a Kingfisher near West View Pond.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel