[Bristol-Birds] Duck Flocks at Ft. Patrick Henry and Boone Lake Dam Overlooks

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:35:29 -0500

I just had a call from Glen Eller, who asked me to post that he saw a flock of
about 100 ducks from the Ft. Patrick Henry Dam overlook and about 600-700 ducks
from the Boone Dam Overlook.  At Boone Lake, he had 38 Ruddy Ducks and 6 Horned
Grebes in close.  The rest of the ducks were far out and, with the foggy
conditions, difficult to identify.  He estimated that the larger flocks
contained at least Scaup and Bufflehead.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City