[Bristol-Birds] Donations for the Expansion of the Nature Center at Steele Creek Park

  • From: RonEHarrin <RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:54:11 -0500

Birding Friends:

If you have not already done so, I urge you to make a contribution to the *Nature Center at Steele Creek Park Expansion* project which is already in progress. The plan is to open the new expansion by this coming spring. Renovation of the existing facility will then take place in late 2017 with a grand opening to follow.

While the City of Bristol Tennessee is funding the construction of the Nature Center expansion, a *fund drive to raise $375,000 *is underway to provide exhibits, displays, and other educational materials (see attached for details).

Attached you will find more information about this effort. Donations in any amount will be appreciated. You can choose to make your donation in memory of Wallace Coffey or other local birders (such as Tom Hunter) whom you want to honor. Birding displays and exhibits will be included.

Help make this a first class facility that is the envy of the region; and one that will provide many years of interactive, educational activities about the natural world we love. Thanks.

Ron Harrington, Bristol, VA