[Bristol-Birds] Dickcissel & Bobolink

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:55:08 -0400 (EDT)

Today, Sat May 23, I went to get a load of fresh strawberries from Thompsons
Farm off highway 107 and while in the area did find at least two singing male
Bobolinks at the usual place west of Thompsoms Farm.  Also had Blue Grosbeaks,
Yellow-breasted Chats, White-eyed Vireos and Cliff Swallows.

On the way back home I took a new route, Pleasnant Grove Road off highway 81,
north of the highway 75 intersection.  At the corner of Pleasant Grove Road and
McCall Road, I had one singing male Dickcissel (this is a new location for that
species for me).  All these sites are in Washington Co. TN

Glen Eller
Fall Branch