[Bristol-Birds] Dead Bird Day?

  • From: Peggy Herbert <peggyfullmoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbc/bird <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:13:07 -0800 (PST)

Jerry's dead downy was interesting. My mind came up with all sorts of scenarios.
This morning on Mountain Rd. in Belfast, I came upon an adult male GBH. So sad,
it was deader than a doornail & still, it was beautiful. Rather than see it
flattened out over the next week, I put it over the fence. Somehow this seemed
more dignified.
Farther along on my trip to Richlands, via a backroad...From the right,  in the
woods ahead of me, comes a large coyote & loped across the road, into the woods
behind Hidden Valley Subdv. on Cresswood Drive. Very good look; seemed
well-fed. Could it be a Coy-Wolf? I think that's possible. Wish you'd been
there, Tom Hunter.

Peggy