[Bristol-Birds] Davis Marina Restaurant

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 20:07:08 -0400

From: Michele Sparks
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:56 PM
To: Bristol-Birds Net
Subject: Davis Marina Restaurant

This message may be of interest to Local Birders in the Bristol Tri-Cities
area who bird along Boone Lake. Although the lake level is way down, Johnny
Morris and his wife Amy have high hopes anyway and will open the doors to
the newly renovated Davis Marina Waterfront Deli on Tuesday, June 23rd
pending the health inspection. Their hours will be 6-9. Yes, they are open
for breakfast! The address is 641 Buffalo Rd. Inside will seat 48 (bathrooms
are on the same level) and the outside seating area also seats 48 (great for
summer evenings). The phone number is 423.279.0013. They would like to stay
open 7 days a week, but may be closed Mondays, depending on demand. Johnny
has plans to build a brand new concrete ramp when the levels come back. The
parking lot has been repaved. A local kayaking group (APES) will paddle
there next Thursday night to make their summer ritual "Paddle to the Grill"
routine possible. Personally, I can't wait to put in my kayak to bird along
the water. Local birders may want to plan some future events with the Davis
Marina Deli in mind as a lunch accommodation. Johnny, a contractor, has
invested many hours and $$ in this local enterprise. He's a cheerful,
down-to-earth guy with lots of ambition.

Michele Sparks
Bluff City, TN

JPEG image

JPEG image