[Bristol-Birds] Data and photo collection for Steele creek Park

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andy Jones <ajones@xxxxxxxx>, Anna Hess <anna@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Anne Whittemore <sondew4annye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Becky Wilkenson <wilktn@xxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christopher J O'Bryan <herpman@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Carrier <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Elliot <doug@xxxxxxxx>, Doug Ogle <dougogle@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Feierabend Robin <feierabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fleenor Jane <janef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gabrielle Zeiger <grimbobbles@xxxxxxxxx>, Gary and Nancy Barrigar <barrigargn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Guy Mauldin <maulding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jennifer Bauer <highlandlady@xxxxxxxx>, Jerry Greer <jdgfoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jerry Nagel <jerrynagel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe McGuiness <jmcguiness@xxxxxxxxx>, Karen Quesenberry <kayqueue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Turner <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Elam <kevinelam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Hamed <khamed@xxxxxxxx>, Laughlin Tom <laughlin@xxxxxxxx>, Michele Sparks <upanotchor2@xxxxxxxxx>, Richard Kretz <kretz9446@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Moyer <ramoyer@xxxxxxxx>, Sharon Foster <slfoster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tommy Cox <tomkarma@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Victoria Hanson <vhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Stout <jstout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:33:23 -0500

We are undergoing a project to collect as much data and as many photos of
nature in Steele Creek Park as we can. We will be compiling the information
into a standardized format that will be made available to anyone. The diversity
of species (both plants and animals) that can be found in the park warrants the
effort. The natural beauty found in the park is another good reason to work on
this project.

We are inviting anyone interested in contributing data or photos to do so. It
can be new or old material. If you have an area of expertise and would like to
help, I can share what we already have and what we are still in need of. This
is not to suggest that you need to be an expert to help. You don't. This is an
opportunity for nature lovers at all levels and interests to get involved.

We will be making a push to gather data and photos at least until the fall of
2008. It could take longer. We need records of species including dates and
specific locations where possible. Digital photos would be best but others are
welcome. We need photos that were taken in the park.

Please feel free to call my cell, (423) 773-9234, or e-mail me with any
questions or contributions.

Larry McDaniel
Assistant Park Naturalist
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008