[Bristol-Birds] Cooper's Hawk Video

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:57:34 -0500

Hello birders,

This morning I was visited by a Cooper's Hawk that's been hanging around for a
couple of years.  He's usually so unconcerned with me that I can walk up under
him like he was a pigeon down at Pal's.  This morning I saw him perched up
along the road in an elm tree and decided to walk up with the video camera and
take a little footage.  While I was taping him he got that nervous "I'm about
to do something" look and so I backed off the camera zoom a bit to get him as
he flew away.  Instead, he shot straight up and blasted a morning dove that had
just landed a few feet over his head.  I captured this few seconds of action as
best I could and have posted it at
http://media.putfile.com/coopers-kill-01.  Hope that link works for you.  Just
found out about it and it's a free video web-hosting site.  All you raptor fans
enjoy.

Merry Christmas to all,

Rick