[Bristol-Birds] Common Nighthawk / Blue-winged and Magnolia Warbler - Carter County

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:34:29 -0400

Ths morning - 5/5/08 (about 5:30am) I woke up to the familiar "peent" of a
Common Nighthawk in downtown Elizabethton.

Also, this past Saturday (5/3/08) I went on the Sycamore Shoals bird walk that
was  part of the Naturalist Rally on Roan Mountain.  Gary Wallace and about 5
other Lee and Lois Herndon Chapter Bird Club led a small group. This state park
is in Elizabethton, Tennessee and is in Carter County.  Highlights were
Blue-winged Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat, Worm-eating
Warbler, and Yellow-breasted Chat.  The complete list of birds we saw and/or
heard were:

Canada Goose
Mallard
Green Heron