[Bristol-Birds] Common Mergansers in Northeast Tennessee spring and summer 2015

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 18:32:09 -0400

COME - Watauga R (2) 2015 by Adam Campbell.jpeg

We've have had a few merganser reports in the river this year with 2 Common
Mergansers seen

on the Watauga River since April of 2015. Observers have been David
Kirschke, Rick Knight, Rack Cross and Adam Campbell. Adam took the photo
above of those birds. A bird reported and

photographed today, 5 July 2015, at Osceola Island down stream from South
Holston Dam on the South Fork Holston River by Don Carrier and Mike Sanders
appears to be a female-type Common Merganser. This is an excellet find !
Thanks for the find guys and thanks for sharing with the birding community.