[Bristol-Birds] Cold Kinglet and some warm raptors.

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:24:44 -0800 (PST)

Yesterday, I, Bill Cawood, took a driving trip into the Jefferson National
Forest near Coeburn Virginia. I headed for the Falls of Little Stoney and Bear
Rock.  I got to Bear Rock and went out onto the promontory to see what was
happening.  I saw one very visible but cold golden crowned kinglet there. On
the return, I saw one junco in the trees.  While I was gone a small gang of
turleys had passed near my truck leaving some curious tracks (they circled my
truck).

Today in Lee County Virginia I saw one large red tailed hawk and two male
ketrels within one hundred meters of one another.

Bill Cawood