[Bristol-Birds] C;lancey Deel birding Knox Co., TN 17 Jun 2015

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:49:59 -0400

Raccoon predation Seven Island 17 June 2015 by Clancey Deel.jpg

DISASTROUS EVENT -- RACCOON PREYING ON HERON'S NEST

Photo by Clancey Deel

Clancey Deel birding

Seven Island State Birding Park

French Broad River

Knox County, TN

While walking the loop trail at Seven Islands, I heard

a commotion near the river. Arriving at a Great Blue Heron

rookery, I saw what the trouble was. A raccoon was making

a meal of a baby while the parents helplessly looked on.

JPEG image