[Bristol-Birds] Re: Chuck-will's-widow and Whip-poor-will (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: "Ben Britton" <benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raincrow@xxxxxxx, TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:38:11 +0000

Sat. 5-06, Greene co. Spring count.

I started my day in extreme North West Greene co. and found my nightjars in about a two mile stretch of Bays Mountain road.  I had 7 chuck-wills-widow and 1 Whip-poor-will, which was singing accross the road from one of the Chucks.  I also had another stop that had 3 chucks singing at once.  This was mixed pine and deciduous forest, but I am not sure of the elevation.  My past experience had found whips to the north, and chucks to the south, but never have I had both in the same location either.

Ben Britton, Morristown, TN

Hamblen Co.

From:  Don Miller <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
To:  TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [Bristol-Birds] Chuck-will's-widow and Whip-poor-will (Greene Co., TN)
Date:  Sun, 07 May 2006 23:30:20 -0400

************************************************* BRISTOL BIRDS NET LIST Bristol Birds Net Photo Gallery located at: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/jwcoffeyy/album?.dir=/efd5 Be sure and visit the Bristol Bird Club website at: http://bristolbirdclub.org This is a regional birding list sponsored by the Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. -------------------------------------------------- You are subscribed to Bristol-Birds. To post to this mailing list, simply send an email to: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe, send an email to bristol-birds-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the one word 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field. -------------------------------------------------- Wallace Coffey, Moderator wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (423)764-****