[Bristol-Birds] Chipping Sparrow, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:16:35 -0400

April 23, 2009

I had a male Chipping Sparrow singing from atop a wild cherry tree this morning at home on Simerly Creek Road, Hampton, Carter Co., TN, before leaving for work.

Chippies used to return each spring in mid-March, but for the past few years, they have not returned to my yard until mid-April.

Bryan Stevens
Hampton, TN