[Bristol-Birds] Chimney Swifts

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

While sitting in my Sunday school class at Lebanon Memorial United Methodist
Church yesterday morning the outside door was open.  I heard Chimney Swifts.
The church is located near the Lebanon Middle School where Chimney Swifts roost
and nest.  Near sunset I have seen large numbers ?? of them spiraling into the
large upper chimney next to the school parking lot.  I look forward to
investigating the approximate number of birds that are here this year and at
what time they leave the chimney in the mornings.

Laverne

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA