[Bristol-Birds] Buff-breasted SP, Am Avocet, etc. - Rankin Bottoms, Aug 19, 2011

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

I met Mike Sledjeski at Rankin Bottoms this afternoon and we birded the mud
flats by canoe.  Highlights included Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Short-billed
Dowitcher, and nice looks at a couple Western Sandpipers (photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkirschke/ ).  We were flag down by Ron Hoff, who
reported 7 Am Avocets and a Laughing Gull were seen from the bridge on 25E.
Rankin Bottoms, Cocke, US-TN
Aug 19, 2011 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     By canoe with Mike Sledjeski
23 species (numbers are underestimates)

Canada Goose  10
Wood Duck  10
Mallard  50