[Bristol-Birds] Brooks Provides Field Surprise

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:49:11 EDT

15 SEP 03
Shady Valley
Johnson Co., TN
.
Yesterday Sam Cross, Wallace Coffey and I visited the Shady Valley area in
search of Marsh / Sedge Wrens to no avail.
We did manage to rustle up a very pleasant surprise, however, when a store
owner told Wallace he had made it BIG in the newspaper. The Sunday edition of
the Johnson City Press (excellent news coverage) was displayed and a the James
Brooks, The Wild Life, column was read. It seems Mr. Brooks was kind enough to
feature Musick's Lakeside Campground and area birders in his column.
James referred to the recent Sabine's Gull found at Musick's as the "...bird
of the year..." and mentions other recent sightings. Surprise, surprise,
surprise as Gomer would say! I have not confirmed the articles internet
presence,
yet, must imagine it is easily accesed there.
.
Musick's Lakeside Campground had tern activity yesterday with 5 Caspian Tern
seen by our group. Also 5 Great Egret and Wallace saw     6 Yellowleg sp.
before Sam and I got there.
Todays weather may bring good things.
.
'Til we bird again