[Bristol-Birds] Broad-winged Hawk, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 08:56:52 -0400

 On Saturday, April 3, while with David Thometz and my mom, Peggy Stevens, I
observed a Broad-winged Hawk perched on utility wires along Simerly Creek Road
near the turn onto Fairview Road in Hampton.

There is a field located here near the woods with Simerly Creek running through
the field. The wires are popular perching places for Broad-wings.

The next day, Easter Sunday, a Broad-winged Hawk soared over my house on
Simerly Creek Road, vocalizing persistently.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN